FACE TO FACE WITH THE SUN
Everything happens in the sky
with intense and front lit luminosity
I strive to translate all of man’s energy, whether it concerns:
• a TREE - metaphor for Man - that stands alone in the desert, in stand off with the Sun, with the life that in all its fullness, he tries to capture... but also with death,
• a HEAD which regards the sun,
• a BUST which rises to confront it.
The need to escape the anguish of his inevitable end pushes Man, in his madness:
• to create great baroque edifices, insane,
• but also to dream that he interacts with telluric forces in vast blades of
matter which rise and often get loft in the sky.